Translate

torsdag 19. juli 2018

Orth - Nocturno Inferno (NOR) Review

'Out Now On CD/LP/MC

I got this for a cheap price from one of the members on this release on vinyl a few weeks ago.
I've had¨it for some years on a burned cd and thought it was good and finally V-rex decided to release it on all formats CD/LP/Tape in a very limited edition.
I of course prefer the LP verion, not just because I like vinyl but the fact that this recording is kinda divided and honestly side B is my favourite side With a more calm & haunting atmosphere.
The Music we're dealing with here is in Your face black metal ala Emperor 94-95 , or at least I get References to that period due to the arrangements ,vocals and use of synth.

That being said , this is no rip off , it|s black metal anno '96 I believe. Sadly this was never released back then, probably due to the tragic  loss of E.Brødreskift (drums)  some years later.
It's recorded in Grieghallen studioes which is easy to hear if you where into the Norwegian scene in the 90's and it contains members from bands such as Gorgoroth,Immortal,Aeternus,Borknagar & Arvas.

As far as I know this was Grim, Ares & V-Rex who were recorded this,ct me if I'm wrong.
For me this becomes a 2 sided chapter experience as said and you could almost call it a concept album, but I'm not gonna take it that far, even though each does sound like different concepts though.
This is something you should check out if you're into black, or just Extreme metal in general 'cause it grows on the listener and I'm glad I bought this vinyl 'cause it's a good one to have in the Collection and , since it's a piece of  BM history, but most of all cause there are some killer tunes on NOCTURNO INFERNO ,like Moonstorm a furious black metal anthen, Hymn Des Mortes & Den Gamle Manns Profetier to mention some...


Side A :
 
I - A Hymn Des Mortes Pt.I
II - The Silence OF The Guide
III - A Sign In Time
IV - Bonded
VI - Moonstorm
 
Side B :
 
VII - Hymn Des Mortes Pt.II
VIII - Path Of Sorrow
IX - Hymn Des Mortes Pt.III
X - Dem Gamle Manns Profetier
 
 

 
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar