Translate

fredag 7. februar 2020

Dwaal (NOR) - Gospel Of The Vile - Review & Video Preview

DWAAL - GOSPEL OF THE VILE

SKULLFUKKER - REVIEW   07.02.20 
6 traxx & neraly 60 mins
 Dark Essence Records - Release date 06.03.20


Behold! Here comes the Norwegian masters gloomy, doomy & sinister Sludge with an apocalyptic mix of Beauty Vs. Brutality namely DWAAL

Gospel of The Vile is this 6 headed monster from OLSO Debut Album
Gospel Of The Vile is the 3rd track on the album and the tracks are loooong and you feel like you're just are being drawn down into the pits of hell of this sinister,at times agressive, still actually positivity strikes trough or happines. I'm afraid people will kill me for using wrong words here.

I was supposed to write from beginning to end, the two first tracks 'Ascent' & 'Like Rats' started out with what I choose to call a warning sound, cause this is the most slow & perverted way you can get to hell, they don't stop there. When you're down they drag you even more down under muddy places that can only be described as glue or quicksand. Holy fuck! Now the 4th track started named 'Obsidian Heart Burns' and it started out with a fuckin' awesome signature riff and a beginning that will put you into trance even if you're highly medicated for AD/HD!


The vocals was a little bit more raspy, raw & evil, kinda like a voice telling you that you're below hell and even worse and yeah, I think this is their job 'cause it's sludge and me and the mentioned genre well.. Dwaal really manages to convince me with this monument of an album ''Gospel Of The Vile'
There is a nerve going on throughout the whole album and there are some nervous wrecks, it's funny as I'm actually preparing who I can get out of my house or make quiet pretty fast, or the last part that I prefer which is to play this with likeminded individuals invite some geeks over just to throw sticky candy at them. The athmosphere is perfect with various synth noise and some tribal like , but also schizophrenic vocal that suits very well.
I was sure we were at the last track, but again. Behold! It's not it's the blasphemous track 'The Whispering Ones.. I love the lyrics here ' My Death Is A Feast, No Grave,No Funeral,Only Funeral,cmy Fate Has Been Sealed, My Doom Is Unmarked,My Lady,She is Cold, She is Old, I live only to Join Her... '
The vocals are in strict English and very blasphemous as they merge between deathlike (silence) & blacklike vocals.

It's hard to explain how this album can build up after all words, but The Whispering Ones' was without doubt the "highest" highlight on 'Gospel Of The Vile'

The last opus named 'Descent' and has a duration on 16.28 almost I'd Rather Die In Battle Now' & 'Ready To Fight' is the lyrics I get and also that he can't bedriven from his post of violence and destruction, send your demons to attack. There is very much violence & Destruction in this track but they rasp the guitar first in a bad way and then in a good way and even feel like this journey beneath & above the pits of screaming corpses, and all of a sudden the beautiful cleand but distorted guitar and the nicest synth I've heard since '92 appears slowly fading in of course.

The vocals now are more like they are trying to sing the moon a lullabye. Speak of the devil.. Violence,destruction & attacking demons are back ' I am The picture that you fear, I am all your sins.

The light that you see is not of the skies.




Dwaal was a new name to me being out of the scene for a while and their album 'Gospel Of The Vile' is amogst the best, if not the best doom,sludge album we've listened to as far as I remeber.
If you're into this style you'll be in for a fuckin' masterpiece! A very talented,dareful,playful and majestic debut album. This is not by far the last we'll hear from this monster. I do guess they need another while to create this beautiful insanity so perfectly. Gospel Of The Vile is so dramatic & chaotic yet, beautiful and relaxing so you don't grow tired easily. At first listen I listened 3-4 times through the entire opus and did not get bored once. I'd go so far as advice you to check it out even if you're not typically into this genre.

For fans of Neurosis, Cult of Luna, YOB, Thou & Amenra

             Words By Gravarson_aLmighty

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar