There are some things you have to do for the sake of art, for your inner critic. MRTVI will take you out of your comfort zone, I promise you that. It will be like listening to metal all over again perhaps and in the process reignite some of that dormant excitement or thrill of listening to something new. I'm immensely grateful to SOUNDSCAPE MAGAZINE for delving into the twisted mind behind MRTVI and unearthing some excellent thoughts. Read the in-depth interview AT THIS LINK.
- "what comes out is truly, madly, deeply demonic" - SOUNDSCAPE MAGAZINE (UK) 10/10
- "the next chapter in the outré sound" - TOILET OV HELL (US)
- "fascinating" - NO CLEAN SINGING (US)
- "a unique experience" - HEAD-BANGER REVIEWS (US)
- "great" - OCCULT BLACK METAL (US) 8/10
- "Avant-garde and extremely experimental" - DISSECTING THE EUPHONY (Malaysia)
Genre - Experimental Black Metal
Release Date - July 30th, 2017 Record Label - Transcending Obscurity Records (India)
For fans of - DEATHSPELL OMEGA, PORTAL, ORANSSI PAZUZU, PLASMODIUM, BLACK FUNERAL, BLUT AUS NORD, NORSE
MRTVI, the mysterious underground entity has reared its ugly head with another groundbreaking album that defies conventions and bends perceptions. A twisted interpretation of black metal laced with ambient textures and unpredictable experimentation turns the professed genre on its head. Like contrasting mental thoughts, the music is a cacophony of various influences clashing in a seemingly indecipherable pattern, with chaos reigning but only on the surface; underneath, it's a carefully planned web of inextricable melodies and bursts of emotions. 'Negative Atonal Dissonance' is not for everyone. It's for those willing to embrace the true extremity of the genre perceived through the lawless, nonstandard and audacious prism of this UK/Serbian band.
1. As Consciousness Is Harnessed To Flesh Part 1 (7:52)
2. As Consciousness Is Harnessed To Flesh Part 2 (12:50)
3. Negative Atonal Dissonance (20:53)
Damjan Stefanovic - Everything