Translate

søndag 8. mars 2020

Djevelkult (NOR) - Når Avgrunnen Åpnes - Review 2020

Saturnal Records 2018

Dødsherre Xarim (voc & guit)
Beleth (guit)
Skabb (bass)
Ond (drums)

Well, last time we wrote about Djevelkult, I gave their demo CD a poor 2/5 as I found it somewhat boring and plain overall, and the sound didn't fit the raw music they performed and made it all sound til clean and homogenic IMO. I've listened a few times to 'Når Avgrunnen Åpnes' and what I listen to is a much more grown band "every-way” actually.

They’ve matured as song writers and as musicians (a-lot) since the demo days and I don’t know I would react if not...

 This is in general raw black metal with some growls in the beginning that they really should consider using more. It fits very well in to the whole picture. 'Når Avrgrunnen Åpnes' is a solid album that not only drive past you in 190 kilometres so you miss pretty much every thing. The vocals has had a great "makeover" since I last met this band and the songs are very good & entertaining with more slow and atmospheric tracks and sound quality fits the production very well. 
I like to complain, but there is honestly nothing especially negative about it.
Når Avgrunnen ÅpnesDjevelkult do what they are supposed to to , bring traditional black metal further than before, still they maintain true to the roots and I find myself nostalgic listening to this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiYA-DLO3GY&feature=youtu.be
Djevelkult - Når Avgrunnen Åpnes - Full Album
Tracklist
01. Atomic Holocaust
02. Condemned Into Eternal Void
03. Når Avgrunnen Åpnes
04. En Ny Tid



05. Døpt I Helvetesild
06. An Evil Unheard Of
07. Apocalypse (Hellspawn)
08. Vredeskvad


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar