Translate

onsdag 14. november 2012

Narbeleth - Diabolus Incarnatus

Narbeleth is a solo project by Dakkar. The first demo, "Dark Primitive Cult" was recorded in eraly 2009 and released in tape by Intifernal Records, frmo Bolivia, in a limited edition of 333 copies. In early 2011 Dakkar finished the first album under the title of "Diabolus Incarnatus", which will be released in tape by Serpent´s Eye Records, in a limited edition of 150 copies. "Dark Primitive Cult" will be re-released in a deluxe edition of 200 copies in a DVD box with 8 pages booklet, poster and button, by "The Crepuscule du Soir Productions", from France.
Narbeleth has performed live 4 times to the date, two of them at the first and 2nd editions of 6.6.6 Fest in Havana.



Narbeleth is a new experience for me as I've never heard of 'em before.
What you get here is raw,harsh and primitive black metal played the in the old school tradition.
That being said they have done a cover of Darkthrone's "The Hordes Of Nebulah".
And as I listen it reveals some pretty good melodies as well.

This is one of the first Cuban metal bands I've heard as far as I remember,and the first impression is good actually and their debut album is a quite solid one.

My favourite track on this album has to be "Walk Unholy Paths"
witch are a good track and shows what this band is capable of at their best in my opinion..


Personally I prefer "Hail Black Metal" their latest 3 track EP.
The tracks are faster and more hard hitting in general and gives a much better overall impression of the band! But then again it's a matter of taste.

I would advice you to give the album and ep a listen, as they are both good releases if you like traditional raw black metal,but as said above the "Hail Black Metal!" get the highest score from me simply 'cause it's a step forward musically.

Well worth checkin' out! 

Narbeleth Facebook




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar