Translate

søndag 25. desember 2016

Helheim (NOR) - landawarijaR - Review,tracklist & Info On Coming Album

It's been a while since I've listened to Helheim except for a few tracks now and then I enjoyed 'Dualitet ... so I'm excited about their latest album which is their 9th, if I'm correct. ...I am....
-
As it starts spinning I'm dragged into a beautiful and very atmospheric journey and I have to give credits for the extremely cool guitar sounds and also their use of Timpani and Horns sounds that suits Helheim's music so well.
.
The first track 'Ymir' fades away pretty quick and is probably to be looked upon as an introduction, a nice one, though.
Uhm, I  have to correct
myself  here, it lasts over six minutes which for me means that it was a good track, if not it would sound like forever. The guest vocals on this one is very good, I don't know who though as I've not been informed on who does the specific vocals on the one with guest appearances.
 
The next track 'Baklengs Mot Intet' really gets it going, it, litterally kicks off  with an extremeley catchy guitar riff witch is impossible not to get carried away by, also a very nicely excecuted guitar solo in this one.
'Deep into 'Rista Blodørn' I have a strong feeling that this is an album I'll enjoy in the present & future.

 I mean,
              What could og wrong after three promising tracks?...
                                                                                                 ...Actually alot! Let's find out.

To sum it up andawarijaR  contains seven chapters, I prefer to call it that since it's an album that can and should be listened to in it's entiey and all of them are over seven minutes, except one ,so you certainly get value for Money.

landawarijaR - The title track (in case you didn't figure already) contains the best melody/riffs on the album so far, if my memory is with me., or wait...!  Fuck what I wrote about the best riff, I can't decide witch one to be honest! It also have a mystic feeling to it that is hard to explain in words.

landawarijaR is an album that just forces you to listen more, ,and drags you into an epic realm that only Helheim is able to create.

 
Ouroboros is the next chapter and honestly there is not much worth adding than I already have another great piece of art.
Athmospheric,melodic,epic,majestic and norse are the first words that comes to mind and the vocals add some powerfull and warriorlike spirit on the album

landawarijaR  also has a number of artists performing guest vocals including William Hut, Morten Egeland, Pehr Skjoldhammer (ALFAHANNE), Bjornar E Nilsen (VULTURE INDUSTRIES, BLACK HOLE GENERATOR) and Ottorpedo.

My personal favourite of the guest vocals is definately the contribution of  Swedish Alfahanne's vocals on the track 'Synir a very good track with very cool use of vocals that spice it all up and adds a nice addition to the Chapter.

 The last track 'Endedagr' kinda passed me by as the weak track on the album, but a second listen I'm not so sure about that after all and I have to state that this album does not really contain any weak tracks really.
 
I've been listening to Helheim and other bands withinn the Metal genre since their very beginning and have become extremely picky when listening/buying new stuff, mostly because I've heard it all before, but then again, if a band sounds great why try to change all the time even though progression is good sometimes.
 
That's exactly what this album reminds me of, 'cause 'landawarijaR' just kicks ass from start to finish and it grants me glitches from the past,present & future.
This is actually the first time I've written a track by track review, but it was hard not to, blame the album which I can strongly recommend to most fans of metal 'cause it surely has potential to reach out to new and old listeners and is in my opinion a step further from .raunijaR. (2015)

But I've praised the album more than enough now (well deserved though), remember to mark your callendar to 20.January 2017 and buy this album,or at least give it a try!
                                            
                   For more info, biography and more:  HELHEIM Homepage


...That's all for now, fuck off and die...    Now I'm ready for 2017    

-Gravarson Almighty

Tracklist
:
1. Ymr
2. Baklengs mot intet
3. Rista blodørn
4. landawarijaR
5. Ouroboros
6. Synir af heidindomr
7. Enda-dagr
 

20th of January sees the release of 'landawarijaR', the much-anticipated ninth full-length album from Norwegian Viking Metallers HELHEIM.

"landawarijaR" contains seven tracks, all of which bear the hallmarks of HELHEIM's traditional Norse heritage.  A Heritage of which they are rightly proud and to which they have remained true, eschewing the temptation to turn themselves into the Viking parodies that so many bands have espoused. With "landawarijaR" HELHEIM use their lyrics to express the need to include the Norse Heritage into modern life by emphasizing the importance, mystery and never-changing wonder of the Runes.

Just as HELHEIM's "raunijaR" followed in the same vein as its predecessor "Asgards Fall", "landawarijaR" continues where "Heidindomr" ended.  All four albums incorporate the use of Timpani and Horns, and the new album also has a number of artists performing guest vocals including William Hut, Morten Egeland, Pehr Skjoldhammer (ALFAHANNE), Bjornar E Nilsen (VULTURE INDUSTRIES, BLACK HOLE GENERATOR) and Ottorpedo.

With music by by H'grimnir and V'gandr, lyrics by V'gandr and artwork by H'grimnir, "landawarijaR" are recorded at the Conclave and Earshot Studios in Bergen, and produced by Bjornar E. Nilsen (VULTURE INDUSTRIES, BLACK HOLE GENERATOR) and mastered by Herbrand Larsen (ENSLAVED).

DISCOGRAPHYJormundgand (CD/LP, 1995)
Av Norrøn Ætt (CD/LP, 1997)
Terrorveldet (MCD, 1999)
Blod og Ild (CD, 2000)
Yersinia Pestis (CD, 2003)
The Journeys and the Experiences of Death/Helsviti (Double CD/Digi-Pack, 2006)
The Journeys and the Experiences of Death (CD, 2006)
Kaoskult (CD, 2008)
Åsgards Fall (MCD, 2010)
Heiðindómr ok mótgangr (CD/LP, 2011)
raunijaR (CD/LP, 2015)
landawarijaR (CD/LP, 2017)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar