Translate

mandag 9. januar 2017

Grafvitnir - Obeisance to a Witch Moon - Review

Carnal Records / Daemon Worship ProductionsRelease: 16 December
 
The Swedish band GRAFVITNIR is a new name & experience to me.
This their 4th album 'Obeisance to a Witch Moon'.and hopefully we can expect some quality because of that.
I mean who releases 4 bad albums and get away with it? Hah,too many unfortunately.
 
Let's talk Music, 'Obeisance to a Witch Moon hits me already while the first track 'Lightbringer' with it's fast,majestetic and I would say raw 'n' melodic , very catchy and easy to digest 'in Your face' Black Metal'.
When I say melodic I don't mean with synths and calm 'trancey-like' parts, I mean genuine and entertaining guitar riffs almost all the way.
 
'Obeisance to a Witch Moon leaves no room for breathing, it's straightforward executed black metal and it sounds very promising.
Very good indeed the intense but at the same time very easy to like and listenable.
The overall impression leaves me with a good feeling , like the one you get when you just bought a new album and you know you were right 'cause every track kicks ass!
 
As I have no previous knowledge to this band or music , 'I'd have to say I'm surprised and blown away at the same time and it makes me wonder why I haven't heard of this band before.
A splendid raw Black Metal album filled with excellent music and musicianship all the way through.
If I had to point out one thing it would be that some might find it a bit monotnus as it's fast paced all the way trough and more or less no tempo changes,but for thos who like it extreme like me that's just a minor detail and don't bother me at all, but I guess some would point that out, that's why I just did.
 
 
 
'Obeisance to a Witch Moon is already in stores so I suggest you check it out, especially if you like raw black metal the way it was supposed to be.
 
Tracks to mention : 'The Great Beast','Nigrum Ignis Serpentem','Children Of The Void,'



-Gravarson Almighty

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar